Sunday, February 22, 2009

The idea

Over a month ago Samhita and I were watching the show "Modern Marvels" on the History Channel. Not sure if you have seen it or not, but the show basically takes some topic and explores the process in which it is made. This could include cheese, huge tractors, cars, pretty much anything you could think of. This particular day the topic was Beer. Now I love beer. I try as many different kinds as possible from as many different companies as I can. Samhita and I both found this show extremely interesting. After the show was over, to my surprise, Samhita suggested that we should brew our own beer. Needless to say I was on board. This began a 5 week journey with books being purchased, trips to the local Brewmaster Store, and internet searching for how best to break into this hobby. After weighing the options we decided to go ahead and try it. So, I will attempt to chronicle the process as we make our first home made brew from start to finish. Check back, the supplies have been purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment